2. Why Does My AC Equipment Keep Melting Wires? 24 Hour AC Repair DIY Literature
3. How To Clear And Flush An AC Drain Line With A Wet-Vac. Emergency AC Repair Houston DIY Video
4. Before You Schedule AC Service, Check Emergency Water Float Switches In Attic. 24 Hour AC Repair DIY Video
5. Does Your Landlord Have To Replace Or Repair Your Broken Air Conditioner? 24 Hour AC Repair DIY Video
6. How Do I Get My Full S.E.E.R. Rating Benefit From My AC Unit? Emergency AC Repair Katy DIY Literature
Save Time & Money With Tips & Information.
1. 5 Star Repair Service Inc. HVAC Techs Are Top 1% Rated AC Techs In The Nation.
2. Most HVAC Repairs Are 20%-40% Cheaper Than The Houston Competition.
3. 5 Star AC Repair Houston Techs Are Professional Honest & Polite.
4. 5 Star AC Repair Houston Techs Follow The Principles Of The Code Of Ethics.
5. 5 Star Repair Services Inc. Is A Highly Reliable, Responsible, & Responsive Organization.
6. 5 Star AC Repair Houston Techs Do Not Upsell Customers.
7. We Provide 24 Hour Emergency AC Repair Customer Service & Technical Support.
8. 5 Star Repair Services Inc. Has Best AC Repair Houston Management.
9. 5 Star AC Repair Houston Techs Are Always On Time To Appointments.
10. 5 Star AC Repair Houston Techs Follow A High Code Of Conduct.
My Furnace Is Leaking Water In The Attic, What Do I Do?Most people don't know how humidity is removed from your Houston home. The evaporator HVAC coil in your attic also acts a dehumidifier. All the moist hot air that passes through your HVAC coil in the attic it condenses into water. That water is then removed from the space that is being cooled. If your HVAC unit is not draining properly, you will have a water leak. A restriction in your drainage pipes usually causes a water leak. There are many different places a blockage can occur. One of the critical areas where a blockage starts to develop is inside your evaporator HVAC coil.
How Often Should I Replace My Air Conditioning Filters?
There are many things to take into consideration when trying to figure out how often I should replace my air conditioning filter. Every Houston home has a unique DNA on how it accumulates dust and dirt. It will take about six months of close observation to see how often your air conditioning filter collects dirt and dust. After that, you can make the right decision on how often your HVAC filters need replacing. Some Katy homes have more than one HVAC filter, like townhouses. The more air filters you have in your Fulshear home, the less often you will have to clean them. Houston homes with only one air conditioning filter will need replacing more often.
- Houston homes with dogs and cats will need more air conditioning filter replacements & ac repair.
- Houston homes with air conditioning filters near the ground floor will pick up dirt faster than air filters in the ceiling.
- Houston homes with larger families will require air conditioning filter changes more often.
- Air Conditioning filters located in high traffic areas will require more filter changes.
- The use of high-quality air conditioning filters will get dirtier twice as fast.
The rule of thumb is that you should replace your air conditioning filters every 30-90 Days. If you suffer from allergies, you should replace your air conditioning filter more often, regardless of the condition of your filter.
Was this answer helpful ?
How To Help Lower My Houston AC Utility Bill?10% - 20% Houston / Katy HVAC Utility Savings. Most people benefit by using programmable thermostats when they are away from their Katy - Cinco Ranch home. You can save on your programmable thermostat while you are resting, & give your air conditioning unit breaks at least 2-3 hours every night while you are sleeping. Since your attic is cool & and the Fulshear ambient temperature is hot. Most people set their programmable thermostats to turn off between 3 am-5 am.
3% - 6% Houston / Katy HVAC Utility Savings. Adding a compressor hard start kit to your outdoor HVAC condensing unit helps you save money when the compressor starts up. The hard start kit helps start your compressor in half the time. The hard start capacitor can also add a few more years to the life of the compressor. Hard start capacitors are commonly installed by 24 hour emergency ac repair Fulshear techs when your compressor is having trouble starting. Installing a hard start capacitor to an older HVAC system usually means the compressor is on its last legs.
When Is Complete Or Partial AC Replacement Needed?
1.Disposable Blue HVAC Fiberglass Furnace Air Conditioning Filter
2.Electrostatic HVAC Washable Permanent Furnace Air Conditioning Filter
3.Hypoallergenic & Antimicrobial Pleated Air Conditioning Filter
4.HEPA HVAC Air Filter Captures 99.97% Of Airborne Pollutants & Allergens
What Kind Of Air Filter Do I Need?Blue HVAC disposable fiberglass air conditioning filters are the most common. It does the least filtration out of all of the air conditioning filters. If you are using the blue air conditioning filter, it is just a matter of time before your evaporator coil has to get cleaned out. This type of air conditioning filter does a poor job protecting your air conditioner or furnace. It would be best if you replaced it every 30 days. It only takes three or four dirty air conditioning filter changes to start clogging up your evaporator coil. These air conditioning filters are very cheap, and you will save money in the short term, but in the long run, you'll spend more hiring a professional emergency ac repair Fulshear tech to clean out your HVAC unit.
Electrostatic HVAC filters are excellent washable air conditioning filters. These types of air conditioning filters help keep your HVAC unit very clean. As long as you wash these filters out every 45-60 days, you don’t have to worry about your evaporator coil getting dirty. These types of air conditioning filters also protect against pollen, dust, mold spores, and pet dander.
Minimum Efficiency HVAC Reporting Value (MERV) is a rating that judges the overall effectiveness of air conditioning filters. The better the MERV rating, the more filtration your Katy home will receive. The most common Merv sizes are Merv 8, Merv 11, and Merv 13.
Obsolete 10 S.E.E.R. AC Equipment
Professionally Acid Washing AC Coil
All 5 Star Techs Use Professional Digital HVAC Testing Tools.
A quick & professional emergency ac repair Katy diagnosis sometimes requires the assistance of the Fluke infrared thermometer. An infrared thermometer can be used in many different ways to repair your HVAC & Air Conditioning equipment. An infrared thermometer can save the emergency ac repair Katy techs lots of time when servicing your broken unit. An appropriately skilled Fulshear technician can use the infrared thermometer to diagnose your HVAC system more thoroughly. You can use the thermometer to check for temperatures in hard to reach areas in your Houston home. There are traditional & advanced techniques when using this tool. A properly trained 24 hour emergency ac repair Houston tech that uses this tool correctly provides the customer with a much better HVAC diagnosis.
It's not recommended for uncertified people to check & repair air conditioning & HVAC equipment. There is a risk of electric shock & death if not correctly trained in emergency ac repair check-ups. It would be best if you left it to a trained ac repair Katy tech for proper HVAC diagnosis. Always make sure when checking your air conditioning equipment to turn off all main power from the emergency breaker panel or disconnect switch. Be very careful when checking capacitors, even with the air conditioning system off. Capacitors can hold a high voltage charge, even with the power turned off. An unexpected discharge from an air conditioning capacitor can cause severe injury or death.
60% Relative Humidity Can Put Your Houston Home At Risk Of Mold Growth.1. Alternaria is often found in your Houston kitchen & bathroom sinks & shower. Health issues are allergic reactions & asthma attacks.
2. Aspergillus is a common indoor mold. This type of mold attacks your respiratory system. It inflames your lungs and causes allergic reactions.
3. Aureobasidium has a reputation for causing serious health issues. It is found in wallpaper, painted walls, & wooden furniture. If you see pinkish & black spots in those areas, it's most likely that type of mold.
4. Chaetomium is found in drywall. It has a smelly and musty order.
5. Cladosporium grows in wood & older fabrics. It causes inhalation & respiratory problems.
6. Stachybotrys Chartarum a.k.a. as black or toxic mold. It reproduces in areas that stay damp. It is commonly found in your air conditioning PVC pipes. It also likes to spread in your ductwork and air registers. People that have been exposed to this mold develop asthma attack, fatigue, depression, sinus infections, & breathing problems.
7. Serpula Lacrymans is yellowish, it grows inside wooden surfaces. It slowly dries wood as it slowly feeds on it.
8. Trichoderma likes humid and wet areas. It produces dangerous mycotoxins that cause sinus and allergic reactions.
9. Ulocladium is found in Houston homes that have gone through flooding. This type of mold will cause people to develop infections and allergic reactions
10. Fusarium likes colder wetter Houston areas. It can cause breathing infections in your lungs and respiratory inflammation.
11. Penicillium spreads like a virus inside the insulation, fiberglass, damp furniture, & wet carpeting. It causes severe lung inflammation & allergic reactions.